English Language Raters
The ELP consists of two parts: the LISTENING section and the SPEAKING section. The speaking section assesses how effectively candidates can communicate in English and measures the examinee’s ability to respond to different aviation related situations and tasks. The speaking test is recorded and takes 30-40 minutes.
Aerosolutions is currently looking for teachers who are able to rate according to the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation) Language Proficiency Scale. If you are not familiar with the ICAO rating scale and the holistic descriptors, you are required to undertake a week of training conducted by Aerosolutions. You will be accredited once your independent scoring of selected samples is determined to be satisfactory.
The one-week rater course is a practical course and contain a series of workshops focusing on:
- Key issues in language testing
- Analyzing key areas of ICAO document 9835
- The ICAO Proficiency Rating Scale
- Understanding and applying the ICAO English language descriptors
- Developing skills in assessing spoken language
- Practical exercises in rating speech samples
- Designing a testing system
If you are interested in a freelance position with us and think you have the qualities and qualifications we are looking for, please email your CV (with a current photo), references and a good covering letter to email@example.com, or send your application letter to:
Luchthavenlei 7A box 2
B-2100 Deurne (Antwerpen)